Friday, January 30, 2015

Shredded Chicken Patties (Recipe)

These chicken patties are excellent.  I find any excuse I can to add Greek yogurt and kefir to my foods to give them an extra "oomph" of healthy.  Because of this,  they are super moist yet the outside has a bit of a crunch.  We've had them with no bun and some cranberry mayonnaise and they were great.  Today, however, I had a bit more time so served them sandwich style

So, without further delay...


2 c. cooked shredded chicken
3/4 c. bread crumbs
3/8 c. greek yogurt
3/8 c. plain kefir
1/4 Tbsp. ground sage
1/4 Tbsp. rosemary, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 eggs
Oil spray

Mix all ingredients together.  The mixture will be very wet. 
Spray a griddle or skillet with oil and heat over medium.
Scoop out 1/6 of the mixture and flatten on griddle (it will look like it is too wet, but it will turn out just fine) 
Cook until cooked through half and golden brown on one side (about 3 to 5 minutes). Flip.
Cook another 3 to 5 minutes unto cooked through and golden brown on the other side



I served this on fresh sandwich buns (recipe here) with my Five Minute Eggless Mayo and mustard. 

1 comment:

  1. Instead of chicken or turkey (leftovers from a huge feast) I'll try applying this to Salmon. It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete