Notice the gaping hole in the right hip (her right, our left).
The hole continues clear through the back.
I decided first to tackle the giant hole between the bodice and skirt. Opening it up, you can see why it ripped. See that little seam, not the zig zag one, but that straight wide stitch that should just be used for tacking delicate doilies that are to be looked at and not touched. Yep, they used that stitch-- while it tried to hold together while a three year old who has to go the bathroom like two minutes ago tried desperately to rip it off. No wonder it didn't hold. While mending the hole, I'm going to go all the way around and properly stitch this so I'm not doing this again on Friday.
When you are all done pinning or clipping you'll have something that looks like this:
Next a quick zip up the side seam.
Then I fixed the armpit hole the same way I connected the bodice to the skirt. Finally I fixed the hoop, which just involved sliding the connectors around (inside the fabric already) and reconnecting the tubes to them.
Now for that before and after goodness we all love to see!
I do have two more dresses to fix, so will get those up soon enough, they are slightly different problems, so if you don't see what you need here, check back in the next few days.
God Bless, and enjoy your little princesses (and princes)!